Thursday, June 14, 2012

Two For Two

Baked Pork Chops
I found this recipe for baked pork chops on Pinterest. I've been experimenting a bit more in the kitchen and you know what I've found? The more dinners I prepare, the better we have been eating. Seriously, I am feeling so healthy. My digestion has been better, I've had more energy, we've been wasting less food, I've been putting on less weight, feeling fuller and satisfied, and most importantly...I've been learning to cook and really enjoying it.
These Chops were a hit. Panko bread crumbs to make up a crust then seared in a pan and baked in a delicious cream of mushroom and red wine vinegar sauce. Served with baked seasoned potatoes, corn and tossed salad. Defreakinglicious! 
Definitely a recipe for the weekly rotation.

Yesterday was my first and successful I might add, attempt at cinnamon buns. I have to admit I was really nervous about this. I am not a natural in the kitchen and I have a hard time following the directions. I read and re read and still get it wrong. I almost wonder if I am dyslexic at recipe reading or something!

Not to say this attempt didn't have it's share of problems...
Here they are just out of the oven looking pretty normal right?
...and here they are rising before going in again looking pretty normal..
Crazyassdough!!!!  
And here is the tea towel that went straight into the garbage along with the dish rag because the dough went insane and took over the kitchen and I was quite frightened that it was never going to stop growing and I think I shoulda used a bigger bowl and more flour because I accidentally gave it a mind of its own!!!!!

They did however turn out, and that is the wonderful and glorious point. I will absolutely be making them again! Jesse 1: crazyassdough 0!

Elliott's dresser slowly coming together. Dollar store pretty drawer liner just for fun.
Did I ever post the before photo? I can't remember now. Anyhow, it's coming along. I am quite pleased. The only not so great part is that the hardware has already chipped a bit from putting it back on. I'm confused about this because I really red the instructions and the products I used so they should be so solid. I may have to seek and experts opinion on the matter. But for now, they are on the dresser and as long as you don't look too closely, they are pleasing to the eye.

This girl is a never ending source of entertainment. She is obsessed with laundry and loves to put it all on no matter what it is. It's quite ridiculous. A pile of laundry will keep her busy and quite for up to an hour. It's a great babysitter.

I am having mixed feeling about moving her over to her new room. Not because I don't want her to grow up but more because I don't know if it's going to be hard and I don't know if we are ready for the challenge.
I'm already hating to discipline her and trust me when I say that she is needing it a LOT lately.
But when the tears stream down her face it breaks my heart and it's everything for me to remind myself that I am doing the right thing by not letting her get away with being a little brat.
But I've definitely done my share of praying for strength and convincing myself that I can do this. This being the enormous and frightening task of raising a little respectable and delightful human being.

...and then when I need a little pick-me-up...there are always the joys of being a lady. I have to say that a great hair cut, mani or pedi, outfit or any other number of wonderful girly things that make my life so very very fun are often available to me for my girl pleasure.
I so enjoy this life that God has given me. And I so get angry when I realize that I've been temporarily ungrateful for it.

I am blessed...so very very blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously....that dough cracked me up. LOL Glad they turned out ok though. ;)

    ReplyDelete