Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What is happening to me???

I've been baking!
Today I baked delicious oatmeal raisin cookies and THAN I made these no bake cookies with oatmeal and coconut.
These no bake cookies are one of Ray's favorite treats so I am trying to find a good recipe that he will love.
I only ate one oatmeal cookie and than packed the rest up for Ray to take to work and for Elliott to take to great Grampa tomorrow. I know, I know, THAT is impressive!
Last Thursday morning I called Mr Quick at the Hart Mohawk to see if they would be able to change over my cracked rim for my new shiny one. The guy said," if you come right now, I'll get it done in 10 minutes". So I packed up my girl and off we went at 8?:30am.
Because these things can never actually be that easy, there were no nuts for the new rim and the ones from the old rim did not fit the new one. So off to the little A&W for toast we went to wait for the parts girl to drop of the new nuts.
About an hour later we wandered over to see if said parts girl had showed up.
The kind fella informed us that because of all the snow it would be a while.(Lots of snow the previous night and still snowing that morning!)
So I called darling Ray to come get us with the intention of picking up the vehicle later.
As I headed outside to go back to A&W for toast, I bit it so bad in the snow and fell right on my butt with my bad broken leg folded up right underneath me heel to bum! Elliott fortunately landed on top of me, and aside from being wet, handled it quite well.
After repeating a certain expletive about 10 times I stood up, waited, and took a few very slow steps to test out the leg. Sore and shaky I made my way back to A&W to wait for Ray.
We had toast :)
This following Tuesday, this is how my knee looks. It feels about as good as it looks :(
But I still did physio yesterday and worked out today! But fear not, I am taking it easy and babying it a wee bit.
My wonderful husband fixed the banister that my dad broke the other day. Here is Elliott with her favorite person exploring Home Depot while daddy tried to find all the items he needed to be handy. She loves to wander through stores. She is quite a good little shopper. I am thoroughly enjoying this as I am told that it will not last. But for now, my girl and I can do all kinds of things together :)

1 comment:

  1. I fell too, but my legs are so hairy its hard to tell if they are swollen...

    ReplyDelete