Monday, January 23, 2012

Conquering new things

I can't find any photos of my girl using her spoon. I know I have taken may since this is a new thing she has conquered, but alas, my brain is too tired from little bean to find any.
She can feed herself with a spoon or fork and she is getting really good at it. It is really nice for mama who can sit and enjoy her own dinner or even get some kitchen stuff done. It takes Elliott quite a while longer to feed herself then when I feed her...brilliant use of her distraction time for me!
Here is the finished product of the fantastic Euro hem jeans I did for Ray. I am very pleased with myself even if it took...er...ahem, 3 times to get it right.
You know my problem is that I don't measure before hand or re read instructions which is to my own detriment. Will I ever learn? Probably not since I've been like this since I can remember. I would inadvertently choose to do things 2,3 or even 4 times over than prep properly. Maybe this should be my new years resolution.
First attempt...
He mighta looked a little queer at work had I left these this way.
My girl is also learning to sit through a whole reading of a book instead of grabbing it and throwing it on the floor. She is getting interested and patient. It is so fun.
I can't believe how much she learns and how fast. She is brilliant and each week holds new wonders to discover. I love watching her learn. She is motivation for me.
My two favorite peeps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment